A healthy lifestyle includes implementing healthy habits both at home and at the workplace. But sometimes, work can get so hectic that it infringes on your healthy eating habits. We get so busy that the last thing we want to think about after a long day at the office is what to make for dinner.
Meal Plan For Your Health
Instead of ordering your usual takeout standbys, try implementing making meals ahead of time. This isn’t meal prep—that’s not for everyone, though many people find that spending a few hours each weekend prepping food to cook for the week ahead is both relaxing and satisfying. No, these are healthy make-ahead meals that you can cook on the weekend or a calmer weekday evening and refrigerate for the days ahead. Each of these healthy make-ahead dinners tastes just as good reheated, so you also don’t have to sacrifice taste!
- Mushroom Bolognese: This take on a traditional spaghetti dinner will satisfy any meat lover in your household while also sneaking in some heart-healthy vegetables. It only takes a little over an hour and makes six servings, so you and your partner can both eat well for three nights with minimal effort.
- Bourbon Peach Butter Grilled Chicken: The scrumptious peach butter in this recipe absolutely transforms a piece of grilled chicken from perfectly fine to perfectly delicious. The peach butter sauce you can make ahead of time to serve over chicken, which generally takes less than 15 minutes to grill.
- Cumin-Spiced Chickpeas and Carrots: One-dish recipes are great options to make ahead of time because they can be easily reheated on the stove in no time. After reheating, serve these chickpeas and carrots over couscous, which only takes a few minutes to make—and your kitchen will smell delicious from all the different spices!
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches: Making pulled pork ahead of time isn’t exactly quick, as it does take about 7 hours. However, since it cooks in a slow cooker, it’s very simple to make and completely worth it! Both the homemade barbecue sauce and the pulled pork in these sandwiches are delicious when reheated; you won’t even know the difference.
- Beef Pot Roast with Turnip Greens: One-pot dishes are perfect for making ahead of time, and this one is the cream of the crop! Pot roast is always a crowd pleaser for the whole family. If you can’t find or don’t like turnip greens, there are plenty of healthy substitution options out there, such as kale or mustard greens. Additionally, if you can’t find cipollini onions in your local grocery, pearl onions will work just as well and will still be completely delicious!
Other Healthy Activities
Healthy make-ahead dinners are just one way to simplify your work week while being healthier. Staying active and healthy at work can be tough, though. One way to increase your activity and take the strain off your back and shoulders is with the Uprite Ergo Sit2Stand Workstation. Find out more today!